AliExpress is one of the most famous platforms to source products for dropshipping stores. The Chinese eCommerce giant has millions of products that are often priced cheaper than the same products on Amazon or eBay.
The best thing? A lot of people in the West don’t know about AliExpress so they completely skip over it when shopping. Others know about the platform but don’t trust it due to the lasting stigma of Chinese goods being low quality.
The irony is that many of the products on Amazon and other eCommerce platforms use the same suppliers as AliExpress.
How Dropshipping With AliExpress works
Dropshipping simply means when your customer makes a purchase from your site, you order the item from your Chinese supplier and they ship the item to your customer. You don’t need to hold any inventory or worry about packaging and shipping.
Dropshipping from AliExpress requires you to first set up a store or have a place to sell your goods, like Shopify. Use Hustle Got Real to list products from Aliexpress to your store; and let the platform track stock and price changes. This dropshipping software has also more features you can learn more here! Register now here!
When a customer makes a purchase, you place the order with the seller on AliExpress. The seller ships the items and you keep the difference in prices as profit. Once the item is sent to your customer, they believe it’s from you. There’s no reason to know it’s a dropshipping process.
Good price strategies are also important if you are starting in this business, as you need to attract clients!
As you get bigger and scale your store, you can send in bulk orders to these suppliers for better rates and terms. That’s why it’s so important to choose the right suppliers from the start and build a relationship with them.
AliExpress Dropshipping: Pros and Cons
There are good and bad things about using AliExpress for dropshipping. Here they are:
- AliExpress has a database of hundreds of millions of products. You’ll be hard-pressed to not find the item you’re looking for.
- Starting a dropshipping business with AliExpress is 100 percent free. This can be a huge burden for someone who is trying to get their eCommerce business off the ground with minimal funds. Hustle Got Real has also a free subscription!
- You control your own profit margins. AliExpress prices are extremely low and allow you plenty of profit.
- Product trends appear on AliExpress overnight. When products like Jade Rollers, show up, you can bet that you’ll be able to find them on AliExpress.
- No minimum order requirements. Unlike other dropshipping suppliers that have MOQ, AliExpress allows dropshippers to purchase 1 item and have it shipped directly to their customers.
- Shipping can take more than a month in some cases. However, ePacket shipping to the United States and a few other select countries takes 12-15 days. Packages no longer have to be transported by boat, so transport time is faster now.
- You cannot bundle items. If a customer orders three items from three different suppliers, there is no way for them to arrive at the same time.
- It takes a few days for your credit card to be verified at first. If you set up a shop, make sure you build enough time into your first sale so you don’t have angry waiting customers.
- Suppliers on AliExpress may not speak the best English, which may result in communication issues.
How to Use AliExpress to Dropship
Here is a quick step by step to smooth out the process:
- Set up your online store on a platform such as Shopify. Our state-of-the-art dropshipping software will help you in every aspect of dropshipping for you so that you can start your dropshipping business as soon as possible.
- Import products to your store with a third party application like Hustle Got Real that then track stock and price changes.
- Then, once you receive an order on your website you will go and order that product from your seller on AliExpress who will ship the product directly to your customer.
Bear in mind when ordering products through AliExpress, it usually takes 24 hours for the order to be processed. During this time, your order will remain unfulfilled. Once the item is paid for and shipped by the seller you have to update your customer’s order information by adding the tracking info and sending them a receipt email with this info.
However, our software makes the dropshipping process easy. It just takes a few clicks to process your order on AliExpress, track the shipping, and monitor delivery as well as populate tracking information.
How To Run An AliExpress To Shopify Dropshipping Business
Running a dropshipping business in the US or UK can be both challenging and satisfying. The right tools and reliable platforms we’re working with can help us achieve our success in the field of eCommerce.
So, how do we run an AliExpress to Shopify dropshipping business? For starters, price and stock monitoring is an absolute must.
Price and Stock Monitoring gives us the following benefits:
- Save Time
- Stay Safe
- Optimize and Grow
We don’t have to worry about losing profit brought by unexpected price changes in the market with price and stock monitoring. That’s because as soon as there are price or stock changes on our suppliers’ website, Hustle Got Real software will automatically update our stock and prices accordingly.
In other words, we don’t have to check the price or stock status of the products we import to our stores, therefore saving us plenty of time we can invest into growing our business.
Also, you can implement the pricing optimization to raise your prices on products that are selling (so that you can profit more) or decreases prices on products that aren’t selling (so that they’ll have a higher chance of selling).
Dropshipping AliExpress products directly to your Shopify shop is a great way for you to quickly test and confirm business ideas. You don’t need to purchase inventory nor pay upfront capital. Shopify’s monthly subscription is all you need. This is very reasonable. If an item isn’t being sold, you can remove it from your shop.
Finding a niche product that is well-known can help you start a passive income. Customer will ship products to you, and you go to your suppliers’ website and placed the order directly to your customer. Customer service is a really important task is this process, as if you are starting, people can be distrustful. With a little marketing and research, your e-commerce dropshipping site will be a success.
Another important task of your Shopify store, is to make yourself known on social media. Since marketing is really important you need to dedicate all your time to do it. Hustle Got Real will allow you to have all your time available automating all the functions related to products and orders.